Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yuletide Fashion

     I had an hour to kill at the mall today while Rodney was out pounding the pavement. I intended to shop for some work shirts because I need new white blouses and some red or green polos for the holiday season. The Old Navy weekly special is bogo sweaters, but I have enough knits. I tried on a about 5 different white dress shirts, but the women's styles were not dressy enough for the dining room where I work and the men's styles all flattened my boobs to look like beaver tails.
     Did I mention I HATE shopping? Anyway, I thought I'd take a quick boo in to Ricki's for something I can wear to the staff holiday parties at my two paying jobs. Both will be fairly casual, so jeans are acceptable. I still wanted a little flare on top - my green hoodie will just SCREAM "Grinch".
     Everything in the store was 30 % off (yahoo!). I picked out about 7 items in blue, red, purple and black and the following is what I settled on.
     Number one is a clingy black knit with short sleeves and a peekaboo hole in the middle of my chest. There is about an inch of cleavage (that you can't really see in the photo) plus my adorable little beauty mark, visible through the keyhole. I like this one because the black takes a couple of pounds off and I might get all skanky and do a fake tattoo under the hole. Or, I might do something classy and have a nice, seasonal bauble on a chain there. More than likely, I'll go skanky. I got this top for $14.

     Number two is a red, polyester/spandex v-neck with short sleeves. It's hangs nicely and is gathered at the sides so it hides alot of flaws. In the photo, it looks like I have a big tummy roll, which I do, but I am sucking in my gut for the photos (duh) so that is actually just the way the material hangs. I like that it hides my hips a bit more. This one is Rodney's favourite and it cost $20.
     Number 3 is pink and, if you know me at all, you will know pink is my least favourite colour. I also don't like sleeveless tops because I feel my arms are too fat. They look like overstuffed sausages, in my opinion. However, this one is actually my favourite of the three so far. It is also a polyester/spandex blend with black rose print. I like that it drapes over my tummy and hips, but fits nice in the chest. This was the most expensive and it cost $27. The clerk said it was fresh on the rack this afternoon and I was the first to buy one.
     So, which one is your favourite? More importantly, which one should I wear to the Christmas party(s)? Please vote on the poll BELOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment