Thursday, January 27, 2011

Go buy a granadilla from Sobeys and see if you don't puke just peeling it.

     No jokes. This has been the shittiest week of 2011. It can ONLY get better from this point on.
     As you know, I bought that Pandigital Novel from Future Shop last Friday for about $265. When I got it home, I decided I couldn't afford such a ridiculous amount of money for an eReader, so I planned to take it back Saturday. My Friday night off was a fail. I had nothing to do and nowhere to go because, like everyone else in the food service industry in January, I am broke. I'm beyond broke. I'm at my credit limit, which is worse than broke (obvsly).
     Saturday was also a broke day, so I probably stayed home wallowing in self-pity. Therefore, I did not return my purchase to Future Shop (who are big time crooks, btw, and I will explain that later). Saturday night, there was a snow storm in the Prince Edward County area. I was out driving my son's friends home in zero visibility. I was just on my way home from Demorestville when I got a call to say my daughter had smashed up her car on the 401. She did not call me. Her friend called me to let me know. I proceeded to drive from Picton to Belleville to try to retrieve my uninjured daughter from the elements. Sunday had a forecast of -30 Celsius without the windchill.
     Unfortunately for me, she managed to get the car out of the ditch and onto the highway heading east on the 401 to the Skyway Bridge at Highway 49. I was on Highway 62 heading to the 401 via the Bay Bridge. In other words, I would have to backtrack into Picton to go northeast and meet up with her, or continue northwest and hope to catch up to her. I chose to speed through the blinding snow at 1 a.m. in hopes of catching up with her. Bottom line, I never caught up with her. But, she did make it home safe and sound... about 10 minutes ahead of me. It took me an hour and a half to do the round trip.

SIDE NOTE: This was in no way any fault of hers and she should take no responsibility for this unfortunate series of events.

     Sunday night was even worse, but I won't go into details. It was all about a veggie burger and whether or not one should have mustard n it because some Starbucks employees believe there is dairy in mustard. Also, whether it should come from Burger King or Harvey's. My vote is for Harvey's - with mustard and hot peppers and anything else they can find to put on the sonofabitching thing! Something Harvey's might want to try on a veggie burger is a granadilla. Have you seen one of these things!? Look>>


     As one blogger described it, "Tentacle skin on the inside with larvae-like seeds that you eat". Strangely enough, it tastes really good and I think it's related to passionfruit.
     Back to my shitty life. So, on Monday, I wake up at some ungodly hour (like 8 a.m.) to my son incessantly repeating, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom." He missed the bus and needed a ride to school. I got up, pulled on some pants (but not a bra), and got in the car with my hair pasted to my head in some spots and frizzed out in the back. I attempted to drive by peering through the puffy, stinging slits in my face that should be my eyes. I couldn't even reply in full sentences. When I got to the highschool, I passed the exit for the circular drive and pulled into what I thought was the entrance. However, it was not the entrance. It was the walkway in the middle of the highschool lawn disguised as the circular drive entrance! Sneaky bastard. Austin tried to alert me to my error by incessantly repeating, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom." But, by the time I realized what I'd done, I really just didn't give a flying fuck. I parked in front of the double doors, just in front of a car that had been ahead of me prior to my shortcut. I got out to kick some snow buildup around my tires and then drove to Timmy's for some seriously needed caffeine.
     Janet and I drove to Belleville an hour later to pick up stuff from the Bulk Barn. I wanted to get the ruddy red cocoa to make red velvet cupcakes according to Anna Olson's recipe in the Bulk Barn flier this week. Haven't done that yet. We also stopped at Future Shop to take back my Pandigital Novel, which (to their credit) they accepted without any questions. It was 3 days later that Janet purchased the same Pandigital Novel at Costco for $140, including the carrying case. Future Shop sold me the Novel for $199, then charged $15 for the carrying case and another $39.99 for a warranty plan that I "needed". So far, the Pandigital Novel that Janet purchased in my stead has been a supreme Pandigital Pain-in-the-Twat. As of midnight on Wednesday, it wasn't downloading books from Kobo. It either scrolls too fast or not at all. The troubleshooting part of the user guide does not exist. And, Adobe's error messages are not grammatically correct. At least it has a very sexy picture of a cowboy on the front now as a result of a Harlequin Romance found in the library of the device.
     And, speaking of grammatical errors.
     Everything has been going alright with the new owners at the Island Family Restaurant where I work. "George" is at least amicable if not entirely friendly. However, in a blindsiding turn of events, he decided yesterday that we need to bring cash floats to work to make our own change AND we have to write out our own bills by hand rather than use the existing computer system.
     This might be okay in January when things are slow. But, by the first long weekend in May, when I don't have time to wipe the dripping sweat from my eyebrows as I run yet another tray full of chicken fingers and beer to a table full of 17 tourists and their 15 undisciplined, grubby little brats (who I repeatedly trip over because they refuse to sit in their goddamn seats while they play Tap Tap on their mommy's iPod!)... Writing out my bills in triplicate is NOT going to be fun at all. You may have to read that run-on sentence a few times before it makes sense. lol.
     In a panic, I decided to check the Job Bank and Kijiji for possible job opportunities. The only thing I could find was an ad for a seafood restaurant that I am hoping to try one day (when I get a job). I thought it was a sign. Unfortunately, they posted in the ad that e-mail applications would not be "excepted". It should be "accepted" - as in "received willingly; not "excepted" - as in "left out". By this definition, e-mailed applications would not be left out or omitted. Does this mean I should apply via e-mail? No. The person who posted the ad could have had a blond moment, which occasionally happens to me, as well.  I've bean noun to right the wrong word ever once in a while. (j/k) I just can't help but think the head of human resources (lol) for this eatery is some asshat who can't even fill out a government form and doesn't know how to count up to make change. Sometimes, I get offended by idiocy. It's a character flaw, I know. It's also really bad for my karma, which I have GOT to get back on track.
     Tomorrow, I'm going to get drunk on a $60 bottle of Jura Superstition single-malt scotch and bitch about my life to some French people. "Ca me fait chier, salope! Je m'en fou! C'est des conneries! Nique ta mere!" They're all good ones. You should Google them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment